Farm Hand (full time)
Rainfield Farm is hiring a full time farm hand. We are a Certified Naturally Grown farm on 13 acres of which 1 acre is used to grow a variety of vegetables, herbs, and flowers for CSA and wholesale. The majority of our produce is leafy greens, lettuces, herbs, and tomatoes that are prepared for 11 grocery stores and a handful of restaurants. Our CSA has 85 members and runs 22 weeks.
We're looking for someone that is interested in small scale market-style farming. Candidates will be working with a farm manager, our full time farm hands, and with our wash/pack crew. We use various hand tools for majority of the work but have a sub-compact tractor available for larger jobs.
We're looking for someone that can work Monday through Friday 8a-3p CST.
- Seed starting
- Working in high tunnels
- Transplanting & direct seeding
- Weeding - (by hand, silage tarp, flame weeding)
- Washing & packing produce
- Cover cropping
- Taking field notes
- Light maintenance and construction
- Knowledge of farming (min 1 year experience)
- 18+ years of age
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- ServSafe Certified
- Valid drivers license (CDL not required)
- Ability to work in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow)
- Comfortable working independently
Rate: $12.00-16.00 per hour based on experience.
Interested candidates should send a resume stating their farm experience and a cover letter stating why they are interested in farming and the position.
Wash / Pack Associate (part time)
Currently hiring for our summer wash / pack team to work three days per week Tuesday-Thursday. This position is seasonal April through October. The environment is casual but associates will be required to be ServSafe certified and following food handling safety guidelines.
The position requires you to stand for hours at a time sorting, weighing, and packaging produce in plastic clamshells. At times associates will work indoors and outside moving product to and from a walk-in cooler.
- Attention to detail when sorting produce
- Follow safe food handling procedures
- Communicate daily progress with management
- Accurately count and log information
- Keep work areas clean
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
Rate: $12.00 / hour
6-8 hours per day (Tuesday - Thursday)
To apply please email your resume and a cover letter stating why you want to work on a farm.